COMPUTER MUSIC AND SOUND PROCESSING STUDIO
Music Technology Lab
The use of new technology characterizes IEMA's activities. The Institute's staff is specialized in this field providing the appropriate experience and know-how for the successful realization of the projects.
In addition, IEMA's facilities include a sound studio similar to those of other European organizations technically equipped for multi-channel digital recording and sound editing, sound synthesis, sound analysis, audio mastering, algorithmic composition, music scoring, music performance, sound installations, video synchronization and video editing. It owns most of the leading software packages currently available for composition, synthesis, editing and analysis of audio and musical material. It also supports IEMA's research activities, along with any individual research initiatives
The studio provides the basis for:
- contemporary music creation
- digital signal processing
- research and development
- digital sound archive
- old recording clearing
- music productions
At the studio one can find 3 workstations with digital sound processing cards of CD quality and the possibility of hard-disk recording, live electronic music systems, MIDI, DAT recorders etc. In addition, IEMA has developed its own music software that is used in the studio and is available to the public.
- Recording: 3 DAT (2 mobile & 1 stable), AD/DA Digidesign Sound Tools Pro, Audiomedia II & III, Korg 1212, Speakers reference B&W + Subwoofer, 4 consoles (2 TASCAM digital, Soundcraft, Spirit folio + effects), 4 cassette players TASCAM, 8 microphones.
- Effects, peripherals: Lexicon MPX1,Alesis Quadraverb+, Boss-Se50, Denoise, Pitch to MIDI Roland CP-70
- Synth-Samplers - MIDI: Sample Cell, Yamaha TG-77, Roland Sound Canvas, Yamaha FB-01, Unity DS-1, MegaSampler, Halion, Voice tracker Roland VP-70, MIDI Patch Bay, IVL Pitchrider, Midi Patcher Roland A880, Masterkeybord, Roland CP-40 Pitch to MIDI, Voltage to MIDI, MIDI to Voltage converters, 32 routes VMC/MVC 32, Kawai MIDI mixer MM-16
- Analog Synths: KORG modular synthi, KORG analog sequencer
- Computers:4 Apple Macintosh 4 PCs
- Software: MAX, Super Collider, ProTools, Sound Designer, Deck II, Notator Logic, Cubase, Finale, Sybelius, Mosaic, Studio Vision, Turbosynth, Professional Performer, Alchemy, Encore, DINR, OMS, C-Sound, C-Music, Galaxy Plus, Synthworks, Turbo & Think C - Pascal etc